Longworth Lookout – August 9th
August 9 @ 6:45 am - 7:00 pm$50
Longworth Lookout is a much better place to wander in the summer versus the winter so we are heading back to hit the summit and take in some gorgeous views. This hike starts off fairly gradual as we make our way up an old skid rd. At about 3.5km we enter the forest and start to climb the long switchbacks. Are we there yet? Nope still a good few kms away from the summit. This hike has fairly easy terrain but you must be able to handle the length and have good hiking endurance.
Rated – Hard. This is a 15 km in and out trail with 1070 m in elevation.
Meeting – Meeting at spruce land mall out front the starbucks between 6:45-7am, hitting the rd by 7am. It is a roughly two hour drive to trail head. Goal is to be back in PG by around 7pm, depending on trail condition, group pace & how long we want to sunbath for!
If you are driving yourself please email to register as the cost is $15 less
What to bring-
- Gear for all elements (gloves, toque (for alpine) & Dress in synthetic layers – warmth, rain. heat, mosquitos!
- Backpack & water
- Lunch (we can also provide you with a dehydrated meal for an extra $10) please request at check out
- Gaiters (strongly recommended)
- Poles (optional)
- Pad or backpacking chair to sit on
- Bear spray if you have it, please no bear bells
- Guided hike (hike with guide who has park permit to operate within park, extensive knowledge of area, route, terrain & is equipped to keep you safe while you have an amazing time on your adventure)
- Snacks & refreshments
- Transportation from PG to trail head & back
****An email will be sent out to all group members 24 hours prior to go over meeting spot & any gear/info changes**** If you require any gear or have any questions please email us at email@example.com
We can’t wait to Adventure with you!
Meg & James
Refund Policy – Due to the nature of outdoor adventure and that we have many upfront costs, all day adventures are non refundable within 72 hours of trip. However we can issue a credit for full amount that guest can use to a future adventure. We do everything in the best of our abilities to provide an amazing experience however due to weather & safety restrictions we may, at times, not be able to reach summit or desired view with group.
- Please be advised we are not responsible for any damage done to vehicle during your drive to trail head