McGregor Backcountry Snowshoe – March 20th
March 20 @ 7:30 am - 4:00 pm$40
Lets head back to our favourite place, the backcountry! This is a true backcountry adventure following an unmarked trail (that’s why you have us!) This adventure starts with a gradual snowshoe up a wide logging road and cuts down to a creek pass and into a beautiful wide open space where we will have a quick rest before making the final push to our turn around point. Total length is around 5km and is an in & out trail
Rated – Moderate/Difficult (please inquire if you have any questions) This is not a steep snowshoe but we will possibly be breaking a lot of trail & will encounter some challenging terrain.
Meeting at Spruce Land parking lot in front of the Starbucks (grab your coffee for the drive) We are hoping to be able to use to van for transportation by this date however if we are not able due to provincial restrictions please be ready to drive yourself & follow us from meet up location. The trail head is about 1.5 hours NE of Prince George with a portion of it down a forest service rd. Leaving Prince George at 7:30am, goal to hit the trail by 9am. Heading back to PG at 2:30pm at the latest.
Please be aware we will be following all current Covid guidelines. When you arrive please stay at vehicle while you put on snowshoes & maintain 2 meters distance from other group members. Covid self assessment must be done prior to meeting up which will be emailed prior to adventure.
What to bring-
- Gear for all elements (gloves, toque, layers) Dress in layers (be bold, start cold) you will warm up fast as we head upwards so make sure to wear pieces you can easily take off when you get hot and put back on at the top.
- Backpack for lunch & water
- Poles (optional)
- Guided snowshoe ( two guides who have extensive knowledge of area, route, terrain & are equipped to keep you safe while you have an amazing time in the backcountry)
- Learn about proper route finding, spotting avalanche terrain & winter travel
If you require any gear or have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We can’t wait to Adventure with you!
Meg & James
Refund Policy – Due to the nature of outdoor adventure and that we have many upfront costs, all day adventures are non refundable. However we can issue a credit for full amount that guest can use to a future adventure. We do everything in the best of our abilities to provide an amazing experience however due to weather & safety restrictions we may, at times, not be able to reach summit or desired view with group.
- Please be advised we are not responsible for any damage done to vehicle during your drive to trail head and it is mandatory that you have proper winter tires as per hwy guidelines.