- This event has passed.
Nechako Ridge – Sunset Hike – April 15th
April 15 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm$15
This is one short but beautiful hike! This adventure starts off steep and is somewhat of a scramble to the top of the ridge. From there we walk the ridge line over looking the Nechako River to our resting stop atop the cutbacks. The forecast is calling for sunshine this day so we are hoping for an EPIC sunset!
Rated – Moderate. Roughly a only 2km hike however the first section is fairly steep and terrain along ridge requires good coordination.
Meeting – At the end of North Nechako Rd. From foothills turn down North Neckao Rd and follow away from the city. Drive all the way until the paved road turns into gravel, you will see us parked there. Meeting between 5:45pm – 6pm, hitting the trail by 6pm
Please be aware we will be following all current Covid guidelines. When you arrive please stay at vehicle while you get ready & maintain 2 meters distance from other group members. Covid self assessment must be done prior to meeting up which will be emailed prior to adventure.
What to bring/wear-
- Good runners or hiking boots
- Gaiters (you are going to get dirty when we go down cutbacks)
- Gear for all elements (gloves, toque, layers) Dress in layers (be bold, start cold) you will warm up fast as we head upwards so make sure to wear pieces you can easily take off when you get hot and put back on at the top.
- Backpack & water
- Guided Hike ( two guides who have extensive knowledge of area, route, terrain & are equipped to keep you safe while you have an amazing time)
****An email will be sent out to all group members 24 hours prior to go over meeting spot & any gear/info changes****
We can’t wait to Adventure with you!
Meg & James
If you require any gear or have any questions please email us at email@example.com
Refund Policy – Due to the nature of outdoor adventure and that we have many upfront costs, all day adventures are non refundable. However we can issue a credit for full amount that guest can use to a future adventure. We do everything in the best of our abilities to provide an amazing experience however due to weather & safety restrictions we may, at times, not be able to reach summit or desired view with group.
- Please be advised we are not responsible for any damage done to vehicle during your drive to trail head and it is mandatory that you have proper winter tires as per hwy guidelines.