The Farm – February 2nd, 2022
February 2, 2022 @ 6:30 am - 8:00 pm$50.00 – $65.00
We are heading out East to conquer The Farm. This adventure takes on a whole different element in the Winter time, not only is there the obvious (snow) but the the Winter route is steeper than the summer route. This trail starts off flat and quickly turns into a vertical climb. Up through the Spruce trees we go, following skin tracks up to the alpine. Our destination for the day is the Farm Cabin. We have rented it for this day so that after our strenuous, snowy climb we can warm up beside a fire and enjoy a relaxing and well deserved lunch! Once everyone is rested, warmed & fed we will make our descent down the mountain. This roughly 15 km in and out trail will be a long day and hikers must have experience, endurance and proper gear/clothing to take part.
Rated – Difficult/strenuous
Meeting at Spruce Land parking lot in front of the Starbucks (grab your coffee for the drive) The trail head is about 2 hours East of Prince George. Leaving Prince George at 6:30am, goal to hit the trail around 8:45 am. This is a full day. Goal is to be heading back to PG around 5pm at the latest. You can take our transportation or follow out in your own vehicle.
What to bring/wear-
- Gear for all elements (gloves, toque & Dress in synthetic layers (no cotton) – warmth, rain. heat, snow!
- Insulated liners to go over base layer to keep you dry, do not recommend heavy snow pants
- Backpack & water
- Gaiters (optional)
- Poles (optional) but highly recommend
- Guided hike/snowshoe ( guides have extensive knowledge of area, route, terrain & is equipped to keep you safe while you have an amazing time in the backcountry)
- Transportation to trail head & back to PG
- Cabin rental fee for our toasty fire side lunch
Email is sent out to all guests prior to adventure with meet up details, gear list & waiver.If you require any gear or have any questions please email us at email@example.com Please note vaccine passport is required to attend
Meg & James
Refund Policy – Due to the nature of outdoor adventure and that we have many upfront costs, all day adventures are non refundable. However we can issue a credit for 50% of original amount that guest can use to a future adventure. We do everything in the best of our abilities to provide an amazing experience however due to weather & safety restrictions we may, at times, not be able to reach summit or desired view with group.
- Please be advised we are not responsible for any damage done to vehicle during your drive to trail head and it is mandatory that you have proper winter tires as per hwy guidelines.